We covered the Exitround Founders Roundtable last week and heard some great stuff! Justin Kan is the name behind Justin.tv and the Twitch streaming service!
Exitround held a roundtable event for founders and Exitround users who are thinking about strategic opportunities for their companies. Josh Felser and Justin Kan, two experienced founders who have sold companies, talked about what it takes to build a successful company as well as what it takes to successfully sell a company.
Josh Felser, cofounder, Freestyle Capital; cofounder, Spinner, Grouper.
Justin Kan, partner, Y Combinator; cofounder, Twitch, Justin.tv.
– How Justin and Josh built successful startups.
– How to assess and explore strategic options for your company.
– How to manage your team’s expectations and public perceptions during this time.
– How to work with your investors regarding M&A opportunities.
– How to get to know corp dev execs and other acquirers in your sector.
– What to know in negotiations for a deal process.
– How to know if an acquirer is a good fit for your company.
– What to know about deal structures.